Engrave Order

i am making some Among us ornaments and wanted to cut 8 at a time, however when i do that it takes so much longer than it needs to because it engraves one body at a time even though the ui sees it as one color or group. i would like it to engrave all bodies at once rather than starting each one on its own the picture shows how i have it set up in the ui.

Combine the images into a single file in your raster/bitmap editing software.

7 Likes

As @o-o says, combining the engraves into one bitmap is the key. If you are in Illustrator or Inkscape you can select them all and rasterize within those programs (I’d do this on a copy or duplicate layer to keep your original art) to avoid jumping into another program.

1 Like

Ok! that worked great, they all go at once now. HOWEVER… i have a new issue with that. as in this picture, the farther from the center of the machine you get, the more the alignment in the ui worsens. i did not have tis issue before and it is in the print. the file is perfectly lined up in illustrator but not here?

Could be the fish eye effect from the lid camera. If you use the set focus tool on various parts of the layout, it’ll do a focus correction for each spot on the bed(one spot at a time only). Just ignore how it looks elsewhere as it isn’t changing where things will hit, only how it looks.

I’m so glad the suggestions from our Forum members helped resolve the trouble!

In regards to your alignment question, your Glowforge uses a wide-angle camera to take a picture of the material in your Glowforge. In the app, you drag your design into place where you want it on the screen. When you’re done with a print, if the print is more than ¼” from where you placed your design, you may have an alignment problem.

The closer the material is to the camera, the bigger it appears on-screen. Most alignment problems come from the material being closer or farther from the camera than expected. The actual print should always land within ¼” of where you put it.

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Hello @truetech000, it’s been a few days since we heard from you. Could you please let us know if you’re still having trouble or if you have any additional questions? Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.