Engrave Pathing Improvement

I haven’t slept much in the past week. So I could be imagining this.

It seems that Glowforge may have made some improvements in engrave paths. I noted last night that it seemed to engrave in a more-efficient way than I believe it has in the past. Just me? Just my imagination?

Good to know your improving from questioning your sanity to am I just imagining things :grinning:

I was thinking the same thing. Some of the test boxes i printed last night engraved a little quicker.

But i too has been a little sleep deprived lately. They really should put a warning on the GF that you may experience a lack of sleep while owning this device.

There’s the class action suit that will destroy Glowforge :open_mouth:

I was nailing down some settings on a new material last night. You are not imagining this. Wonder why dan didn’t mention it?

I dont know if I’m pickin up what you’re putting down.

There’s a more efficient engrave path than left-right-left? :slight_smile:

I think the head is not moving as far beyond the extents of the art though, maybe.

I had multiple objects and it chose to engrave them in a manner that seemed smarter than usual.

Glad something in the world is trending in that direction.

We have dozens of small changes and improvements every week. We try to cherry pick the best for the posts.

It has to be hard to choose! The lights are more dramatic but the better engraving algorithm is more important in my opinion.