Engrave Small Intricate Image for Magnet - Peel Paper Problem

Hello! I successfully (although I realize not centered, lol) printed and cut this from the PGM Medium Walnut. It is so pretty. I am having a hard time getting the paper off - was I supposed to take it off first? Perhaps, is there a trick to getting it off?

Thanks!
Beth

10 Likes

Gorilla tape is good for weeding as are plastic razor blades. Fingernails are not so good.

Your engrave is beautiful! I think gorilla tape is your best bet for a piece like this.

9 Likes

That’s gorgeous and what dklgood said. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful! Ditto on the Gorilla tape.

2 Likes

at this level of detail, I would probably skip masking altogether, at least on the front.

5 Likes

and if you do that, and don’t like the smoked effect you can clean wood off with a toothbrush dipped in alcohol which will cause less warping in the wood

6 Likes

Not sure you could avoid the warping but Alcohol hand cleaner is thicker, and in that instance I would be scrubbing it with Terry Towel that you not mind permanent brown stains. When you do that the alcohol will also dissolve the adhesive and the Masking will fall off at the same time.

I frequently have pieces warp but wrapped in a thin towel and clamped between two pieces of tile and let it dry will make it flat again. The towel will help wick out the liquid. once a piece is dry it will neither warp or unwarp unless damp again.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.