Engraved Coasters

You all have probably seen a thousand engraved coasters over the years, hah! But I’m pretty pleased with how this turned out. These are pre-cut coasters I purchased off Amazon (I like the rounded edges) then engraved using a template/jig thingie.

I’ve worked in the art industry for decades, and it’s always fun to see your original artwork or designs return from the printer or manufacturer. But I have to say, I find it way more exciting seeing my work magically come to life like this without it ever having to leave the house. Is it wrong to have such a control-freak grin on my face?

41 Likes

I’ve mentioned this on several occasions, but I’ve had access to my machine for the last 3+ years, and I still find myself entranced, from time to time, just standing and watching it make something new.

6 Likes

Got a link for the amazon item? Those look kind of cool.

2 Likes

nice woodcut style design there.

1 Like

No. It’s exclusively reserved for those of us who have a laser at our disposal! :crazy_face:
Nice job on those. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Eykao Wood Coasters for Drinks - Set of 6 with Holder, Walnut-4 Inch

Hopefully this link works.

3 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Holy smokes. I just looked these up on Amazon.ca and they want $63.66 Cdn for them. With the exchange rate and the shipping I can buy them on Amazon.com for $35.37 Cdn.
I guess being Canadian we have a huge “Screw Me” sign on our backs.

1 Like

Not sure about the current exchange rate.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I referred to in my other post. That price plus shipping and the exchange rate is $35.37 Cdn.

Ah, got it. On the other hand if you break your arm you won’t get bankrupted by your healthcare system… I think you might be ahead overall.

4 Likes

Haha. I guess that’s one plus alright. I just hate that we get stung so bad on issues like this. I have purchased stuff before from Amazon.com and with shipping, duty and exchange rate saved a bundle over buying from Canada. I wouldn’t complain one iota if they were selling the same item for just a couple bucks more but when it’s almost double that boils my oil lol.

2 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

No, it is definitely not wrong. Love your artwork, it came out beautifully!

2 Likes

There is something to be said for instant gratification. Looks good. I also like the way the engraving shows up against the dark walnut.

1 Like

Nice work!

1 Like

They look fantastic!!!

1 Like

Splendid design and very sharp results :+1:t4:

1 Like

Biggest one there is :canada: hehehe