Engraved rat skull

Ok so you might be thinking that you’re going to see that I engraved a picture of a rat skull. Nope. This is a rat skull that has been engraved. You’ve been warned, scroll if this doesn’t freak you out. :slight_smile:

Introducing rattus norvegicus glowforgia:

58 Likes

Cheesy. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Well, in general the person who discovers it gets to name the species, and as far as I know, I’m the first skull engraver? I looked and saw no posts. Anyhooooo :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wow. That’s super cool…bet it stank though. :wink: Maybe used as a warning to any small critters that are thinking of taking up residence…lol

9 Likes

Recent archeological discoveries on Oak Island have shown that the Vikings laser engraved skulls, including rat skulls.

8 Likes

Very cool. :smiley:

1 Like

Nothing is new anymore. Stupid Vikings.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m watching the wrong channel.

10 Likes

Thanks for the idea! Now I can finally do something with all those rat skulls I’ve been saving.

7 Likes

Uhmmmmm…no thanks. Bottom bounced this one. :smile:

2 Likes

Very cool! I have a few rabbit skulls in the garden I’ve been wanting to try this with. I’m just waiting for nature to clean them up a bit. I’ll be hitting you up for settings :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just remember that you don’t have a ton of vertical clearance. I have a turkey skull ready to go and it’s just about as big a thing as can be engraved. You gotta stay under roughly 1.8” total height.

1 Like

Yeah, I think a few might be too tall, but I measured one and it just fits. :slight_smile: I figure I’ll just do the mandibles of the bigger ones.

1 Like

A really clean skull will probably have the mandibles separate from the rest of the skull, which (when removed) will make the whole thing a bit shorter.

1 Like

It came out so cool! Now take it one more step: make some antlers or longhorn style horns for it out of polymer clay or whatever, then mount it on a trophy plaque.

3 Likes

Pronghorn style? Ratalope.

2 Likes

Why? Why Not?! Pretty cool, I think… :roll_eyes::grinning:

1 Like

Yeah… “Why not?”… But maybe a little more “Von Dutch Style” next time!

2 Likes

By the way, what other skulls do you have lying around??

1 Like

Expect to see this guy soon…

1 Like