Engraving is WAY off, someone please help

Title says it all. I think it has something to do with the crumb tray being out as I dont do much with it out. please advise.
thanks in advance.

Oh yes, you have to perform some special calculations if you take the crumb tray out. There are a couple of tutorials that explain how to do it here:

2 Likes

I had heard of having to do math but I thought that was just for height not side to side. Ill read them , thanks

The correct material surface height above the crumb tray has to be entered into the Unknown Materials slot for anything that is not Proofgrade. So that means you have to prop the top surface of the item into a small half inch range in order for the laser to be able to focus on it properly. The laser can’t focus on the bottom of the machine.

That value is used in a correction algorithm to compensate for the fisheye effect of the lid lens, so if that number is wrong, the side-to-side placement is affected. That’s what you’re seeing there.

2 Likes

Now that makes sense! I didnt even think about the fisheye. my head has now been pulled out of my butt. thanks again.

2 Likes

:rofl: Happy to help!

3 Likes

Thanks for the answer @jules, that’s right!

I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic. Happy printing!

1 Like