Engraving off center on aluminum

I am engraving aluminum motorcycle parts and I am running into the issue where its centered on the program but when it actually engraves It seems to shift the image to the top. Which of course now is not centered. I read a forum about using Mac book pro settings that is the setting I am using. thanks in advance for your knowledge cant just keep practicing on Harley Parts lol. points%20cover|499x499

Have you done the camera calibration? Are you using set focus?

2 Likes

I have not I just watched the 21min video walk thru i’ll hit that up first thing in the morning. Also I have not been using set focus. Thanks for the quick reply. I am hoping the calibration fixes the issue.

2 Likes

If it is an expensive part, no matter how much I trusted the camera, I would probably do a placement test… Put on some masking, and have the machine draw a bounding box at minimum power. If it’s placed right, set the box to ignore and put in settings for the actual artwork.

8 Likes

Great advice thank you.

Problem solved! thanks again

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!