Engraving on Canvas

19 Likes

That looks great. You have a knack for preparing your photos. :blush:

that looks great. what kind of paint did you use on the canvas?

Just 2x rustoleum lol

3 Likes

that looks fantastic! What order did you put your paint down and what settings did you use?

what is that made out of and what was you setings

Thanks! I have been doing paint pour on canvas and will use this to try to “save” the ones I don’t like so much

1 Like

How did you do this ?

Hello Creative Folk. Those of you who have engraved on canvas, do you need to have a backing or can you put canvas material in the glowforge without anything underneath it?

thanks!

1 Like

I ran into a similar issue when doing a canvas tote bag - but I also ran into an issue that I didn’t consider. When I finished the design and washed the bag - all of the lovely burned-on color was gone! So it was just back to being a white canvas bag with thinner material where the letters were :stuck_out_tongue:

I picked up a cheap cotton canvas bag from Hobby Lobby and used the default settings for 20# Copy Paper then rubbed with paraffin wax and hit it with the heat gun a few times.

7 Likes

Crisp engrave. the paraffin and heat is a great idea.

This looks amazing!

What settings did you use? I have someone requesting an anniversary photograph and doing something like this would be perfect.

Could you share the process and settings please!

I used the default settings for #20 copy paper. As for waxing the canvas, just kept rubbing paraffin and hitting it with a heat gun.