Me and my co-worker have been having issues with engraving a logo precisely on stainless utensils. The process is pretty simple, we mix marking powder with alcohol and then spread it onto the stainless object. Here is the problem, whenever we’d put the said object in the glowforge, the image would be distorded since the object is 3d therefore playing with our precision.
here is the before engraving. (i used tape there to not do it on the utensil itself)
You can see the big difference as to where i put it initially and where it actually ends up going. The image only worsens the higher i go on the board so it gets extremely difficult to predict where i should be putting the logo. If anyone has ran into this trouble before, please let me know as to how you fixed it. Thanks for the help!
Edit: Before anyone asks, we’ve done a recalibration before trying to print onto the objects.