Engraving on tumblers

I have a Snapmaker 2, and use it almost exclusively to engrave tumblers. I upgraded to the 10W laser upgrade with enclosure. The 1.6W original laser worked, but took 10x longer to engrave. I also own the official rotary attachment, but haven’t tried it yet. I have been using a DIY rotary method and have had flawless results, so you have options. I’ve tinkered with the CNC module, and have never tried the 3D printing module, so this machine for me is used pretty much to engrave tumblers and water bottles.

Here is a mug I did this morning for a friend who got a new puppy, and it took 26 minutes. So it’s still not as fast as getting a dedicated machine that specializes in rotary, but for my timeline, it works just dandy.

Here are other examples:

I created an Instructable on my DIY Rotary as well.

10 Likes

THANK YOU! That is exactly the help I was looking for. This was very helpful. Appreciated!

3 Likes

I don’t have an answer about a laser that can engrave on tumblers. I would love to be able to engrave on tumblers! In my experience, I haven’t seen anything less expensive that can do tumblers (except for scam ads of course, haha, those imaginary machines are magical and can do anything)! :smiley: I did see @pubultrastar mention snapmaker, and that’s what I was going to mention.

Just in case it’s helpful in terms of the forum, here are a few points that might help. Things work a little differently here compared to some other places online. If you don’t get an answer, replying on the same topic or finding another topic someone else posted and commenting there are better options than opening a duplicate topic.

When searching the forum, if you don’t find something, I highly recommend that you try using different ways of wording the question to get different results. The forum is rich with valuable info about what people have asked before or shared before. If you search enough, you might run across some posts with people talking about cutting the bottom out of the machine (!) lol I am not brave enough to try that. Maybe someday, with a machine not in warranty, if I had more than one. :smiley:

Another thing that you’ll notice is that topics posted in the wrong category will be moved to the appropriate category. So when/if you see that happen, you’ll know why.

Yes, there are some people here who are less patient than others, just like anywhere in the real world. But the forum is a great place and it’s way better than what I observe on Facebook.

I hope you find what you are looking for, and if you do, that you come back and share. However, the Glowforge forum may not be the place to get that answer. Maybe you can search for engraved tumblers in other places like facebook, reddit or something and find a better solution, if snapmaker isn’t for you. Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.