Engraving titanium

projectinspo

Would it be possible to get some images of more curved surfaces being engraved?

Of course those are a thing - I carry one in my luggage on all trips. Never know when I might want to hit the hotel store and get a pint of Ben & Jerry’s :slightly_smiling: I’m going to engrave my name on mine now that you’ve mentioned this!

Raise your hand if you own a titanium spork. :hand:

:hand:

Bought it almost 10 years ago, and it is still in the package…
because the package says Titanium Spork!

Titanium spork?? I must have one.

I am sure they are available in many places. Mine came from REI.

just found some on amazon :+1:

Mine was a Christmas present several years back. I think it came from Thinkgeek, but they are out of stock.
Here is the Amazon Link, and they have fun colors!

I think every GlowForge must now include a Titanium Spork.

Wasn’t this a reward that would get unlocked if the campaign passed $20M? pretty sure we all get titanium sporks… pretty sure.

Anyone ever have TSA troubles with titanium sporks?

I’ve never flown with mine.

Do you have any images of how the titanium sporks turned out? How does it fair with plain, non-coated, or raw titanium?

Check out this thread for some nice examples of lasered Ti Hey experienced current laser owners/users

Nope & I fly weekly.

It’s funny, they freak if you bring a bread knife but up in first class they have full spread of knives & forks :slightly_smiling:

They were kind of a mess because I was engraving the Glowforge logo on them repeatedly and haphazardly, so I didn’t grab any pics.

I’ve prefer a product called thermark when etching/engraving on metals that are not anodized.
On these titanium alloy knives, the etching alone was not noticable enough. These were done with the Thermark on a 25wt CO2 laser.

Kershaw Cryo, right? I have the same knife. Well, that’s something else I’m going to have to do now.:grin:

Where does one buy the Thermark? Can it be shipped, as can’t remember the rules with aerosol.

I think its all been changed to cermark. Inventables, engraversnetwork.com, JDSindustries. There are more places, but check them all to see any sales.