Engraving titanium

Mine was a Christmas present several years back. I think it came from Thinkgeek, but they are out of stock.
Here is the Amazon Link, and they have fun colors!

1 Like

I think every GlowForge must now include a Titanium Spork.

6 Likes

Wasn’t this a reward that would get unlocked if the campaign passed $20M? pretty sure we all get titanium sporks… pretty sure.

1 Like

Anyone ever have TSA troubles with titanium sporks?

I’ve never flown with mine.

Do you have any images of how the titanium sporks turned out? How does it fair with plain, non-coated, or raw titanium?

Check out this thread for some nice examples of lasered Ti Hey experienced current laser owners/users

Nope & I fly weekly.

It’s funny, they freak if you bring a bread knife but up in first class they have full spread of knives & forks :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

They were kind of a mess because I was engraving the Glowforge logo on them repeatedly and haphazardly, so I didn’t grab any pics.

1 Like

I’ve prefer a product called thermark when etching/engraving on metals that are not anodized.
On these titanium alloy knives, the etching alone was not noticable enough. These were done with the Thermark on a 25wt CO2 laser.

10 Likes

Kershaw Cryo, right? I have the same knife. Well, that’s something else I’m going to have to do now.:grin:

2 Likes

Where does one buy the Thermark? Can it be shipped, as can’t remember the rules with aerosol.

I think its all been changed to cermark. Inventables, engraversnetwork.com, JDSindustries. There are more places, but check them all to see any sales.

can you give mw a link to the knives??

Welcome to the forum.
Which knives are you seeking? This is a really old post, so Google might be faster.

Kershaw.com I would assume

3 Likes

Welcome back, we missed you. :blush:

4 Likes

Hey girl! Nice to see your smiling face pop back in here with us plebes. How’s the business been? Kicking arse as usual? :grinning:

2 Likes

There’s no website there, this appears to be their website:

But they seem to be 50% cheaper at Amazon @curious.kids6

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1555TI-Carbo-Nitride-4-Position-Deep-Carry/dp/B0074FI28Q

1 Like

thank you so much