Engraving wrong help

I’m pretty new to this whole glowforge thing but I was trying to make this simple peep design. The 1st cut (on the left) came out with a great looking engraving. I tried again & ended up with the peep on the right. I didn’t change any settings or anything but now I always get this gross, white and webby looking effect no matter what I try.

1 Like

What is the material and what settings were you using? You definitely had more power (or lower speed) in the 2nd one, as evidenced by the edges alone.

Posting in P&S opens a support ticket, but they can’t help with non-Proofgrade materials.

Welcome to the forum. It is clear that something did change in your settings as the Glowforge is pretty precise and can repeat the same results reliably. Please work through some of the tutorials so that you can get the full value of your Glowforge. Whenever you need help, it is best to describe what material you used and share a picture of the interface with your settings.

I eventually switched to the glowforge clear acrylic to keep trying to fix it & had no luck. I was using their SD settings & still got this weird web effect.

Can you share a photo of the proofgrade acrylic done with SD settings?

It’s a lot harder to see on the clear but towards the top & bottom of the peep you can see thin strips over it.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble. I appreciate you replicating the print using our Proofgrade material, and Default settings. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review this print.

Does the same snag occur if you utilize Set Focus to focus on the material you have placed the design? You can find out more information regarding Set Focus here

Let us know how it goes!

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you, so I’m going to close this post.

If you need additional troubleshooting help, please reach out at support@glowforge.com or start a new thread - we’ll be happy to take a look!