Engravings are shifting during print

Jules,

The problem is the opposite of what they show. I took the belt off and now I’m trying to reattach it. The staff at GF gave two options. Option one is the traditional way which is the preferred method which is as you know getting it on the left pulley as in the video you linked to me. I am having real trouble getting that to work. The second option is loosening the right pulley given enough slack I guess and the putting the belt on and then tighten the pulley and hoping you get the tension right. The photos you show me now assumes the belt is already on and you are either needing to either tighten or loosening the belt. My question if I loosen the pulley will it move to the left so I can put the belt on? I am looking for photos of that process or more tips on putting on the belt on the left.

Oh, now I understand…the belt doesn’t need to be on it for you to loosen that pulley. Put a mirror on the bed so you can see what’s going on under there, reach in and loosen the pulley. Slide it about 1/4" to the left, it slides in a little slot. Put the belt on, it will be easy at that point. Then slide the pulley all the way to the right and tighten it back up. Yes it does slide in a slot on the right side.

Ok I will try that. Thanks! I can be dense. I am very visual. I never noticed the slot.

No problem…I never saw it either till I put a mirror on the bed.

I got the belt back on! Now stuck on scanning. One thing or the other. Cleaned all the lenses, turned off and on. I will troubleshoot more tomorrow. Thank you for your help!

Yes. That is what the link they provided showed. Jules copied that page and posted it here as you didn’t seem to be able to click the link.

Glad you got it sorted.

I’m so happy that Jules was able to guide you through getting the belt back on, and I’m sorry to hear that you are now stuck in scanning.

Could you please try the following to see if it resolves the issue?

1. Turn off your Glowforge (this is important to avoid damage to your unit)
  2. Open the lid and, using both hands, gently move the laser arm to the center of the bed
  3. Gently move the head under the lid camera
  4. Turn your Glowforge back on

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

I did what you asked. It moved a little and then stuck on scanning.

Doug

I am back up! It was a long haul but know I now the best way for me to reattach my belt! Thank you for the staff and everyone you gave me advice!

Doug

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.