Enhanced speed

I think the main difference between the basic and the plus is “enhanced speed”. What is that and is it worth the $1500 difference.
Thank you,
Bill

As you opened a support ticket by posting here, they will likely tell you “The Plus offers upgraded components and a top engraving speed 2 times faster than the Basic and has double the warranty.”

As most engraves are run at full power anyway, increased engrave speed has no practical benefit.

I have not tested the Plus, but the Basic is perfect for my use, and I can’t think a Plus would make life better for me. I rarely uses the basic on full speed or full power it seems, but thats for my use. I also rarly cuts for hours.

If there was a quicker way to process the cut file or even better; to repeat a file without prosessing, that would be much more important for me.

Thanks for the help, @eflyguy!

The Glowforge Basic is our introductory model, perfect for personal home use. It has 6 months of warranty coverage.

The Glowforge Plus is our premium home offering for the ultimate personal printing experience. The top speed of the Glowforge Plus is 2 times faster than the Basic and the Plus offers a double warranty of a full 12 months.

If you have any more questions, you can always write to us at support@glowforge.com or navigate to Glowforge.com/order and choose “Compare Options” near the bottom of the page to get more details.