Error Message: "BUMPED The laser head experienced a bump..."

I saw a couple other posts on this, and thought I’d share my thoughts. I have my glowforge in a location that gets a lot of light in the afternoon. When I started using it, I noticed that it often wasn’t able to calibrate when that light was shining in the lid. My solution was to put a towel over the lid. This removed the glare and allowed the glowforge to calibrate and center properly. It seems that a software update has changed the error message for this condition, and now I get this “laser head experienced a bump”. But the solution is the same. Just remove the glare source.

5 Likes

Thanks for the fresh reminder. Two things came up in the early days of Glowforge use that caused issues. Strong overhead light or sunlight and big dark square cutouts of material that that are left on the bed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up on this issue.

1 Like

Hi @kerog777 - I’m glad you were able to get this sorted out! I’m going to go ahead and lock this since it looks like there’s no help needed from us here, but I’ll leave it in problems and support since others may find it and find it helpful!