Error Message This Morning

My printer was working yesterday, but this morning I’m getting this error message. An error occurred on your Glowforge. Please refresh your browser before printing. It may help to turn your GF off then on again.

What I have done to try and fix this error;
rebooted my computer
rebooted my modem
rebooter my printer
made sure my GF was connected to the web

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gale

1 Like

Hey Gale, try the simple stuff first, zap your browser cache, see of maybe there are too many files in there confusing the browser / glowforge. if that doesn’t help, try using a different browser see if you get the same results? – once you can localize the problem, it will be a walk in the park to fix!

1 Like

Do you have a screen shot of your interface when the error occurs?

Is the machine set up for a project (i.e. has a file uploaded with settings and you are focused on your material)?

1 Like

Thanks, guys. As it turned out, the file I was trying to print was the problem. It took me quite a while to figure out the problem, but I think I’m good to go.
Now I’m trying to make another print , and the software says, “Cooling Down”. It is not that hot so I’m surprised it won’t print. I hate being a newbie.

3 Likes

Hi again Gale, remember me :slight_smile:
you get the cooling down message a lot more if the room is humid.
that may be the reason, and hey I’m a newbie too! Owned my GF less then 2 months!

1 Like

Hang around here and you’ll get all the help you need to gain confidence. @Deleted ‘is’ a newbie timewise, however, he came in guns ablazing and is more knowledgeable than most at this point…especially me. Been here about 10 months and still learning everyday. Puts me in awe of guys like him :slight_smile:
I can help anyone (well most) with Photoshop but my first venture into the vector world and it’s a bit different and definitely a learning curve, but getting there.
So, hang in there, you won’t be a newbie long!

1 Like

Hi there @ensignphotography - glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue with your design file, excellent work!

Regarding the temperature message from your printer, this will show up when the printer needs to cool down, and this need to cool may be simple to resolve.

Your Glowforge features a closed-loop liquid cooling system that uses the air from the room to remove heat. It is designed to be used when the temperature next to your Glowforge is between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 Celsius). To check, put a room thermometer next to the right hand side of the Glowforge; it draws in air from underneath, on the right.

You can try any of these things to improve warm-weather performance:

• Try printing with no material on the bed (so as not to generate smoke and fumes) and no exhaust hose attached. If this works, then the problem may be that your exhaust hose is constricting the flow of air out of the unit, preventing cooling.

• Examine the bottom-right side of your Glowforge, and ensure that there is no fabric or other flexible material underneath it, like a tablecloth. There are air intake vents, and if they become obstructed, it makes cooling less effective.

• Try pointing a fan at the right side of your Glowforge. If there is warm air around the intake, this could help it cool off.

• Power off your Glowforge when you are not using it. When your Glowforge sits idle, the fans are off, so heat can build up

• Just wait. Your print may take a little longer when it’s warm, but your Glowforge will protect itself and make sure it cools enough to prevent any loss of power or damage. It’s clever enough to pick up from exactly where it left off, even if it needs to pause to cool down during the print!

• Ensure that the sun isn’t shining on the lid. This could cause the inside of your Glowforge to heat up.

• If you are venting outdoors, ensure that extreme temperatures or humidity do not enter the Glowforge unit through the exhaust hose. Disconnect the hose from the outside air when the Glowforge is not in use.

• Turn your Glowforge off and open the lid for a few minutes before trying again. It’s possible for the air in your Glowforge to heat up, just like a car in the sun on a hot day, opening the lid will help that warm air to escape and your Glowforge to cool down.

If you are still running into trouble, please let us know the following so that we can investigate further:

1. A description of the things you tried and what happened

2. If possible, place a thermometer next to your Glowforge on the right hand side and measure the temperature there; if not, estimate the room temperature

3. The date and time (including time zone) when you had the problem

4. Take a picture of the exhaust hose behind your Glowforge that includes the part where it connects to your Glowforge, and the part where it exits the room