Error msg

doing a new project today 9/11 at 9am and it came up with a error message and stop. It said close out browser and turn off machine and do the project and I’m not getting anything.

Can you try a different browser?

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with this. Could you please turn your Glowforge off, then back on, and try running this print again?

Let me know if you still experience an error, and we’ll be happy to investigate further. Thank you.

1 Like

Yes still nothing I tried another browser also, I even tried another piece of wood, its 9/12 at 9am

I did both nothing happen, going to see if I try another project. after I clean it

So cleaning and trying another project did nothing i believe the laser is gone i seen. Nothing

Thanks for letting me know. I’d like to have you check a couple of things, and then run a test print for me so I can extract some logs from a completed print.

If your Printer Head is moving but you aren’t seeing the laser marking your material, there are two likely causes:

• The mirror in the Printer Head is not installed correctly and may have been damaged.
  • The print power has been set to the lowest possible setting.

First, if you haven’t already, please inspect the mirror in the Printer Head

• Follow these instructions to access the Printer Head mirror.

• If you see damage to the mirror or the plastic handle (for example, if the plastic handle has been melted), please check the interior of the Printer Head for any additional damage. If you don’t see any signs of physical damage inside the Printer Head you can purchase a replacement Printer Head Mirror through the shop. Note: If there is damage to the plastic handle on the mirror, the mirror may be difficult to remove. You can follow the instructions here for removing a mirror that is stuck.

• Once you receive your replacement mirror, please clean both the lens and Printer Head window, by following these cleaning instructions.

• If you find any damage in the Printer Head, please take a photo of the damage and send it to us and we’ll follow up with next steps.

If the mirror looks good, do a test print

• If the mirror is undamaged, please reinstall the mirror.

• Place a sheet of Proofgrade material in the bed of your Glowforge and open the Gift of Good Measure design.

• Before starting the print, please select the default Proofgrade settings. Once the material has been chosen you will see the word, “Cut”, “Score”, or “Engrave” under each step in the design.

• Allow the print to finish completely. When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the lid image updates.

• If the design prints successfully, it is likely that the power was set too low on the previous print.

• If you still don’t see the laser marking the material, please reply to this email including the date and time (with time zone) when your test print was run.

So 9/15/20, at 250am CT, I did a test print and still nothing I also checked mirror again , nothing on it.

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email very soon to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.