Error on picture print

I’m getting this error when starting an engrave of a picture (jpg). what am I doing wrong?

We’re sorry, an error occurred while preparing this print.

Error: FATAL_PRINT_ERROR: MOTION_PLANNING_ERROR Error: Bad response 422 from server for /api/prints MFK-626

material: paper
settings:
focus: 0.01mm
power: 10
speed: 900
greyscale: varying
lpi: 105

1 Like

The head can’t measure the item. Either it’s outside the focus area (too high, too low, or you set focus too close to an edge and the laser is falling off the edge). Or maybe the material is too reflective, or there’s too much outside light interfering with the beam, .

3 Likes

I’m engraving thick paper stock (140lbs) no reflective surface to be found. I’ve successfully cut and engraved this card stock before using a svg graphic. I not using the autofocus feature though. What settings should I be using? The picture is big - 8 x 10 - well maybe not that big.

js

Try it with the Set Focus feature that is found behind the settings gear. Click it and then click in the center of your paper. Don’t lift the lid and stay in the same workspace and then print.

.01 mm is really thin. If you have thick cardstock, you should be adding more height to it if you are typing in manually.

I will try raising the paper up some. Thanks for the advice.

I don’t mean raise the paper, I mean add more height to your focus height. In the OP you put in .01 mm. Is the paper really that thin? That might be your source of error. Don’t put anything in the material height and just use the Set Focus.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll update this thread.

Thank you for your patience. We’ve made some changes in a recent update that should address this error message appearing. Could you please let me know if you’re still running into this issue?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.