Error: Safety interlocks open

Set my glowforge up and was all set for my first print, however, I’m being blocked with an in-app error telling me my back safety interlocks are open and I need to close and reboot. I knew about safety interlocks on the back of the Pro model but I have a Basic. I tried shutting it down and restarting the app but the error remains. I’m so disappointed and frustrated. I emailed support but while I’m waiting for a reply I’m hoping someone out there knows what this is and hopefully there is a quick fix.

1 Like

You’ll have to wait for support on this one, unfortunately. This has popped up a few times on non-interlock machines (basic and plus) and it requires assistance from actual support staff.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying. I’m hoping it’s something they can troubleshoot remotely…I don’t want to have to pack all of this back up and wait for a replacement. Hopefully I’ll hear back from them soon.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.