Error Saving Shopping Cart

I tried to purchase material through the shop today. All went well until I tried to check out. At that point an error displayed in a red box at the top of the shopping cart page:

1 error prohibited this record from being saved:
There were problems with the following fields:
Unable to pay for order using store credits

I do have store credit, but not enough to fully pay for the order. I was expecting to make up the difference using the credit card GF has on file for me, but no luck. Attempting to pay with error emptied the cart and put me back at the shop’s home page.

Repeating the process let me check out, but it didn’t attempt to use the store credit (which does show up in my account – I checked).

Edit: Let me modify that. Apparently, both orders went through, though I’d never have guessed from the way the shop behaved on the first order. I just got email confirmation. Sigh. So, now how do I cancel the second one?

Thanks for letting us know about this, @dehne1.

I’m sorry for the frustration, but I wanted to let you know that we cancelled the initial order which gave you trouble and have initiated a full refund, including the credit used.

I’ve verified the second order went through without a hitch!

If you have any follow up questions, please reach out to support@glowforge.com as this may deal with personal payment information.

1 Like