Error that might have to do with the Filter

I just got my glowforge this week, and today I was playing around with several prints. Just now it started saying that there is an error with my machine and I should turn it off and refresh my browser. I did that a few times, and still the same thing.
I realized that I had the filter on, but maybe it wasn’t turned up enough? I noticed that the glass was starting to get cloudy. I cleaned it up a bit with a soft cloth, but still getting the same error code. Did I ruin my machine by not having the filter turned up enough???

I kept getting that error code today. I was not choosing a pg material, and was just using the manual focus. Kept getting the code. I finally put in a thickness on my material, still used the manual focus, and it worked after that. No clue why it started doing that, but it did.

And welcome to the community! Hope you get going again soon!

3 Likes

Hmmm. I wonder what it could be! I am just using the medium draft board. I have had to manually select the material because it wasn’t reading it from the sticker on the board. I don’t know what is going on!

And, thanks for the response and welcome! Love the glowforge. So sad that this is happening.

2 Likes

I think I figured it out!! I was working with a really detailed sketch that I made in Graphic, and I sized it down way too small. I think that the glowforge just didn’t want to print such a detailed image that had been sized down so small. I tried another print, and it is working fine! Oh man. I feel better now.

5 Likes

I am glad you were able to get your file printed. I am going to close this thread now. If you have any other issues please feel free to create a new thread or email us at support@glowforge.com.

Happy Printing!