ERROR - Uploading - Tried simple circle , Chrome, Safari, Multiple Power Cycles

Edit 2 - Solved - It was the current version of CC illustrator , SVGs saved do not import into app.glowforge The last version that work was AI 23.1.1

Edit- I think it’s a local Memory issue on my hard drive , I have a 1 TB hard drive with on 2 GB left, there’s no room for file to be cached during transport to browser.

I tried a simple circle , rebooted 5 times, power cycled 5 times, in Chrome + Safari

It Prints fine as long as its already uploaded.

I cannot upload. :thinking:

1 Like

Try clearing your browser cache.

2 Likes

Happens all the time for me.

Clean out all cookies, history, cache, etc.

2 Likes

If that’s the case can you save to a cloud server and load from there?

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag!

As others have mentioned, have you tried clearing your cache? If not, please try and let us know how it goes!

To better understand the error, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Send us the screenshot, and we’ll be happy to take a look.

Update - Any SVG Saved out with the new version of CC illustrator is not working.

Older SVGs are working.

1 Like

Edit 2 - Solved - It was the current version of CC illustrator , SVGs saved do not import into app.glowforge The last version that work was AI 23.1.1

Thank you so much for following up! I’m glad the trouble was resolved by reviewing the illustrator version. I’m going to close this post for now, should any additional questions or concerns arise, feel free to start a new post or email us at support@glowforge.com.

@ryandewitt I apologize for the misunderstanding on my end. I’m unable to reproduce the trouble you’ve describe with AI 24.3.

To investigate further, would you feel comfortable sharing one of the files in question with us? You can also email the file to support@glowforge.com for us to take a look.

done.

AI 25.1. , not sure about 24.3