Etching and Cutting Alignment issues

Hey there,

I have seen this happen to a lot of my personal projects lately. I figured it was some sort of alignment or ghosting issue with my vectors but tonight I attempted to do the ruler from the predone options with some proofgrade material. I’ve seen this on other materials, proofgrade or not.

I think it might be something with the lens, but I’m unsure if that’s the case.

If anyone has run into anything like this, please let me know if there is a resolution path to resolve this.

Thanks!

Have you cleaned your lenses recently? That’s where I’d start.

There’s a guide here if you need to know all the places that need to be cleaned: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/cleaning-service-and-moving/cleaning#things-that-need-wiping

2 Likes

That’s pretty danged odd. Curious to see what Support says.

1 Like

That almost appears to be a problem with the “Y” belt, like it’s missing a tooth or dragging on something. Looks like the Gantry skipped on one of the passes and does so routinely…?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @geek2nurse!

@Dakota, I’m so sorry about these print results.

Please start by cleaning and photographing all the lenses, windows, and mirrors mentioned in these cleaning instructions:

Then, print the Gift of Good Measure on the piece of Proofgrade Draftboard we included in your starter materials for troubleshooting. Let us know how it goes, and include a photo of the test print.

Thanks in advance!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.