Everyone's Best Friend - Dogs

They’re guessing 5. I’m thinking (hoping?) more like 3-4. But it’s all a guess, she was a stray.

4 Likes

They live such short lives. My Dane only lived to 8 1/2. :frowning:

I opted for little this time. This is Smidgen, who will be 3 this month and weighs in at all of 7 lbs. He goes to work with me every day. I’m pretty sure some of my patients only come to their appointments because of him. :wink:

With my granddaughter:

Heading to work:

Relaxing with his cats after a hard day of trashing the house:

10 Likes

Looks like one big happy family. Pets bring so much happiness and demand so little. :blush:

4 Likes

What breed is this sweetie pie?

1 Like

Maltese x Pomeranian. Absolutely the best personality dog I’ve ever had – and I’ve had a LOT of dogs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dani is staying the weekend at the shelter for observation. they took out a mammary tumor during her spay and she has some extra stitches and healing to do. we pick her up on Monday. say some doggy prayers for the biopsy to come back benign. we went in to visit with her today and she was in great spirits. we had to discourage her from wanting to play too much. obligatory cone of shame photo to follow.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Reminded me of my own…but mine is a Havanese. Same ballpark…(dog park?)

7 Likes

you know, it’s funny. i’ve never been a small dog person. i probably never will. but because i’ve been volunteering at the local animal welfare league the last 4 years, i’ve come to appreciate them more. still not my style, but i enjoy hanging out with them more than i used to. i still worry about playing with them and not wanting to hurt them, i’m just too much of a dog roughhouser, but i can enjoy chilling out in the kennel with them and i never thought i would.

1 Like

Those eyebrows! :slight_smile: I don’t think I’ve met a Havanese, actually. He’s adorable!

2 Likes

Her face says everything.

3 Likes

Love those big floppy lips – the only thing on a Dane that’s soft! :wink:

I had to go find photos of Tasha, my Dane. Here she is trying to sit in my lap. (Geez, I was young back then! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )
206306171_e7dcfd3735_o

…And letting my daughter’s Chihuahua/MiniPin mix steal her giant bone…

10 Likes

First night home. Still sporting her cone of shame. She had a tumor removed during her spay, so more stitches than usual. But mentally she’s feeling her oats and ready to rumble, so really having to hold her back to keep her from messing them up.

Pig ear after dinner test tonight.

10 Likes

That’s the biggest cone of shame I’ve ever seen. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

i forgot to mention, tumor came back benign. just a cyst. all is good, hopefully cone of shame disappears along with stitches at the monday vet visit.

6 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

Beach week, wind, and floppy ears.

10 Likes

Sitting here waiting tonight on engravings to finish and thought I’d search for the obligatory “your dog post”. I was not disappointed because there are plenty of pretty “goodest doggos”.

Here are my two fluffer nutters. A husky boxer cross and a pure GSD.

And while waiting I managed to see my GSD actually fully close her eyes and sleep. She’s normally high strung and sleeps alert.

10 Likes

OMG, our dogs are twins! Here’s mine :slight_smile:

And here’s his big sister, who he never will leave alone

11 Likes

if it isn’t obvious from the way she’s sitting, she believes she’s human.

12 Likes