Everything needs two passes all of a sudden?

Yes. Everything is clean. All lenses, windows, etc.

Did you set a manual focus height of 0.12" like you mentioned before? Autofocus (or “set focus”) will always give you a better cut than a manual focus height. Setting the focal height to 0.12" if the board isn’t exactly 0.12" thick would result in attempting to cut with a wide, defocused laser beam, which doesn’t cut very well.

I’ve tried both. I’ve tried just about everything. Manual focus. Auto focus. Etc. I have digital calipers so the only reason I tried manually entering .12" is because I have that exact reading from my calipers.

Trust me, I’ve tried a bunch of things. Except, apparently, the right thing. lol

Hello, @shellykelly05 Thanks for some of the steps we have recommended. I would like to double-check your optics just to make sure we don’t miss anything for you.

Could you do the following for me?

Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows

• The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head

• The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge

• The printer head lens

• Both sides of the lens, top and bottom

• The mirror inside the printer head

• The bottom of the printer head with the lens installed

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with the next steps.

Best Regards,

I apologize for the awful photography. It is hard to get pics without reflection.
Not sure if there’s something there I don’t see, but I don’t see any damage to any of my lenses?

Hello Kelly,

Unfortunately, since this problem is only being seen on materials that were purchased from another company, we can’t offer support for prints that don’t come out as expected. Materials may vary widely from piece to piece, even if they’re created by the same manufacturer. I suggest posting for advice in the Beyond the Manual section of our community. Note that advice in this section is unsupported and is not reviewed by Glowforge.

If you believe this issue is a machine issue and not a materials issue, I would be happy to issue you a gift card for some Proofgrade acrylic to use for testing to continue troubleshooting this issue. If you would like t do this please email us at support@glowforge.com and I will get you a gift card issued for this material.

Best Regards,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.