Everything seems just slightly off

Yeah those were my fronts. Here’s the rear:

I wonder why your front wheels are plastic? Is that out of the ordinary?

Does that left bearing spin freely? That wheel of yours is dorked up for sure. (That’s the technical term)

2 Likes

Well hopefully support gets back to me quickly.

That sucks. First time that problem has been posted here.

Those delrin wheels are ubiquitous, I’ve never seen one fail even on heavy CNC machines (I have one).

The head carriage can be removed, it’s part of the cleaning process for the air assist fan. Let’s hope they can send you a replacement without having to ship the entire machine back.

1 Like

I really hope that’s the case. If the head carriage can be removed I’m hoping that even if the wheel itself can’t be replaced, they can just ship a new carriage. I have no doubt it’s not a common problem. I’m just the queen of bad luck. :joy:

Indeed.

You’ll notice the same wheels are used on the main gantry as well, on each side. They’re pretty robust. Must have been a manufacturing defect, because anything “in the machine” causing enough drag for that kind of wear would have messed up your prints for quite some time.

1 Like

Here’s what mine look like:

1 Like

I feel your mild panic about the show coming up, as I too am prepping for a December show. If you have the time, finding access to a backup laser for the possibility of downtime would be a good investment of resources. If I should need it, my backup plan is to rent laser time at my local maker space. With any luck you may have a maker space nearby to fall back on if your laser ends up out of commission for a couple of weeks +.

Fyi, realistic expectation of Support speed is a minimum of 1 day between responses. Hopefully they will get you squared away quickly, but I would still look into a laser backup plan :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes