Exceedingly Long Render/Prepare Times

Server render times are increasing to excessive amounts of time per job. Jobs that used to take 3-4 minutes are now going well over 10 minutes of server rendering on a 1 hour job. My glowforge is going to sleep before the job is ready. Is anything being done to try to keep this time down?

On a related note, the majority of jobs I am doing are the same exact thing every time. It would save you guys a lot of server processing, and a lot of waiting on my side, if you would release the ability to redo a prior job without a re-render. Is this something thats made it beyond the ‘hopper’?

3 Likes

Well they have all my files and records in their system already, so they’re welcome to do that! Hopefully it’ll result in a smaller prep time

I appreciate your willingness to help on support tickets, but I am going to wait for an actual glowforge support member, as you have 0 ability to resolve this issue.

Im sure someone from support will let me know what they need, and I am DEFINITELY NOT going to upload my file to this forum.

1 Like

@takitus, I am so sorry about the trouble you ran into with design processing times. I’d like to take a close look at this for you. In order to investigate the issue, may I please have copies of a couple of the files which you’ve experienced long processing times with?

If you would prefer to share the files privately, please email them to support@glowforge.com and I’ll follow up with next steps. Thank you!

3 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.