Exhaust fan appears not to be moving

I’ve been having some of the smoke issues others have described, but I’ve only had my glowforge a little over two weeks and used it pretty lightly, especially with wood. Right from the beginning I had exhaust issues, so it’s not build up or hose obstructions (I checked anyway, just to be sure) then I ran a light cut with the exhaust hose off and noticed that the fan directly at the exhaust port did not appear to be moving.

I took a video for reference.

Sorry about your fan problem. Know how disappointed you must be. I’m sure the Glowforge team will get you taken care of as quickly as possible.

I’m confident they will – I just have my fingers crossed the answer doesn’t involve sending it back.

Would be nice if they could just send you a fan. Crossing my fingers for you.

The fan has a tach sense on it. I’m going to guess they can read fan speeds in the logs.

Thanks for reaching out and providing that video. I’m sorry your Glowforge isn’t behaving as expected.

I’m looking into this and will update the topic when I have more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately we’ve found your unit has a problem we can’t fix remotely. I suggest we proceed with a warranty replacement and I’ll reach out via email to sort out the details.

I’m so sorry for the bad news.