Exported Design gives same generic error as everything else

You need to change the permissions on the Google Drive file so that anyone with the link can view/edit (right now it asks us to request permission individually)

Your file attached above - it’s tiny, but it’s there, but it seems to be empty.

exported design

Can you see anything in the file that you downloaded?

Hi, can you see the file now at the google shared link?

It’s there.

Discourse has a habit of stripping out raster graphics from the svgs people post. That’s why it’s vanishing from what you were trying to post here.

1 Like

Deirdrebeth, yes, when I open the file from file system, and/or “open from file” to print design I am able to see the design like this. Minus the information at the bottom if I am printing.

Maybe I can back up and just explain what I am trying to accomplish, instead of trying to fix this error.

Here is what I am trying to do. I have this burn on the original board that I want to replicate in GlowForge. I have other designs that I have burned on other boards. Ultimately I want to scan them all in, so I can experiment with reusing the designs and combine them, etc.

So, my thought is that I capture from camera on glowforge, save the exported designs for immediate or later use. You can see from my previous images attached that I have captured from camera and exported the file, however they will not print. I’ve gone through all the steps to restart my machine, glowforge, clear cache, clean machine, lenses, parts, trays. Then it is suggested that my .svg could be corrupt. So, if glowforge software cannot export an .svg that will print, then is there a better way for me to accomplish this task where it will print?

I have tested creating a new design with just adding a line and test engrave and my button lights up ready to print, so I know my machine is working. I cannot get to this point to see the button light up with the exported .svg.

I selected Create New Blank design, then dragged this file onto the workspace. It opened without incident. I told my Glowforge to print and it processed fairly quickly and is now ready to print. I am using an engrave speed of 1000 and it will take about two hours to complete. I noticed you have a speed of 100 which, in my opinion, would be way too slow for any material.

When I change the engrave speed to 100 it doesn’t process.

I think @dklgood is on to something. Try speeding up your engrave settings.

I see you emailed us about this I’ve sent you a response with next steps there, so I’m going to close this topic.