Exported images from illustrator get sized incorrectly

I’ve been following this thread, as I use AD. Tonight, I reset my export preferences and turned ‘set view box’ off. I’m venturing to guess that some other setting in conjunction with that one might be the cause of what happened next, but I would have no clue what it might be. I exported my SVG and opened it in the app. My images showed in the left hand column where you input the settings, but there were no images at all on the screen / bed area. I even did a select all and there was nothing there. Also, on the dashboard/home area it did not show any thumbnail image of that file. I went back into AD and rechecked the ‘set view box’, exported again and all was well. I’m going to stick with what’s working, but this dichotomy of instruction is puzzling to me.

1 Like

I didn’t go so far as to load the file into the GFUI, I just exported one from AD with and without that checked, and confirmed that it did cause the width and height to change from “100%” to actual units. If I get more time, I’ll try to figure out what’s going wrong.

1 Like

Thanks @Jules, @curt, and @chris1 for suggesting those options.

If you have any more trouble, please let us know.

I’ve been following this thread, as I use AD. Tonight, I reset my export preferences and turned ‘set view box’ off. I’m venturing to guess that some other setting in conjunction with that one might be the cause of what happened next, but I would have no clue what it might be. I exported my SVG and opened it in the app. My images showed in the left hand column where you input the settings, but there were no images at all on the screen / bed area. I even did a select all and there was nothing there. Also, on the dashboard/home area it did not show any thumbnail image of that file. I went back into AD and rechecked the ‘set view box’, exported again and all was well. I’m going to stick with what’s working, but this dichotomy of instruction is puzzling to me.

@Xabbess We try to keep to one topic per post in the Problems and Support section. Can you create a new post with this question?

1 Like