Eye pro

What type of eye protection should I buy. What are good resources for that?

1 Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=c02+laser+eye+protection

That’s where I’d start.

1 Like

Thank you

I just checked the store, didn’t realize Glowforge was out of stock.

Also interestingly Glowforge isn’t charging an arm and a leg for them (only US$29). They tend to be higher priced than competitors, that’s a bit of a surprise.

Anyway any safety glasses rated for CO2 lasers should be fine. I’d go with the ones that looked like they offered good protection and side coverage and looked less dorky than the others :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just to be sure, they aren’t needed unless you have the Pro right?

2 Likes

Correct.

1 Like

And to my understanding, the only time you need them with a Pro is if you have the pass through slots open. I think the “safety instructions” said that if you have the pass through covers on, then it falls in the same class as the basic or plus.

2 Likes

They’re needed (well they’re a very good idea) any time the laser light might escape your machine.

There are sneaky tricks people sometimes do to run the machine with the door open or something… shouldn’t be an issue during normal operation of a basic.

2 Likes

Thanks that’s what I’m referring to. Several projects coming up with the pass through

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.