EZForge finally here!

My EZForge arrived unscathed on Tuesday after a wait that seemed like forever :slight_smile:

Even though I was waiting so long, I waited until a couple days beforehand to set up the venting in the upstairs window. Not sure how everyone else is doing it, but I removed the outside screen and replaced it with a piece of plexiglass with the dryer vent cap installed in it. I added a second piece of plexiglass for the inner slide window to allow the duct pipe to go through so I have some hope of keeping the cold outside air outside! :slight_smile:

First thing I made was the founder’s ruler, but I don’t have a picture of that since my wife stole it when I showed it to her…turns out she was looking for a ruler at the time…

Made a few of the built in items as well as one original design, a pendant with my wife’s name in it.

Still need to learn a lot about illustrator and working with the GF interface.

One note: I was surprised to see that there is no way to add type to an image from the GF interface. It seems like such a basic function that would be built in…

It’s the weekend now, hopefully I have more time to play :slight_smile:

31 Likes

Really great to finally get it, huh? Awesome first projects.

If you want to remove the smoke from your puzzle, try a quick wipe with a paper towel that’s soaked in denatured alcohol.

Or use masking. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a good name :slight_smile:

Whether that changes in the future, time will tell. I know Dan has stated (iirc) that the UI is more of a print interface than a replacement/supplement for design software. The software isn’t rich in “extras” by any means - I imagine they want the foundation rock solid before they go adding extras. I speculate though, one day we will see basic shapes and basic text features.

3 Likes

Thanks! Everything I do is EZ from my initials. My gmail address is the same as my name on this board… I’ve received so many chuckles over the years when I recite my gmail address to them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great projects! (Really like that name pendant!) :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks…I need to get some alcohol yet but I kind of like the smoke sometime :slight_smile: The smoke did disappear when we removed the masking :frowning:

1 Like

They still have that white stuff outdoors? That’s why I left Chicago in 1956.

3 Likes

Yeah, we can’t seem to get away from it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice start! Congratulations!

You are off to a good start. I like that you predicted your wife’s need for a ruler.

3 Likes

So happy for you that you’ve finally received your machine. It’s such a fantastic thing and I see you’re off to a great start.

1 Like