Failed black lid cable installation

While awaiting a replacement black lid cable after a non-step centering issue, I attempted to install the black lid cable that I had on hand as that was what was identified as the issue with my machine.

The left (and eventually middle) cable went in smoothly in accordance with the instructions. The right did not. After several attempts, I believed that I had it in finally. I then proceeded to install the middle cable, check the connections as best I could (slightly short-sighted), plug in and start up the machine.

Things went rapidly downhill. The lid lights did NOT come on. One did light up near the middle cable attachment. Within seconds, the machine started to smoke. I assume this is something even worse that not centering. Does anyone know if there is any coming back from this?

One of the connectors wasn’t lined up right and created an electrical short. It’s usually the circuit board by the back hinge that goes up in smoke if you short something replacing the lid cable. You would typically see black marks on it, see any? Most likely this machine will have to be mailed back for repair/replacement now.

3 Likes

Yes, there is black charring on the board.

Send that pic to support via email. The machine will almost certainly have to be replaced.

1 Like

Thanks. I have done so. I thought so,

1 Like

I replaced my black cable you definitely didnt install it correctly mine did this the first time 2nd try i got it straight! Super gentle it needs to be aligned perfectly to prevent it from smoking. If ur led lights dont come on definitely an issue email support. Sorry this happened to u

1 Like

Heres my issue! Mine starting smoking once i turned on unit that means my cable wasnt installed properly

3 Likes

Thanks. I thought I had it finally but the smoking definitely indicated otherwise.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.