Fails to UI after Scanning Material. Calibration loop

I have looked at all the posts with similar issues and have not really seen a specific resolution.
I am trying to cut a fairly simple design into cardboard, a variation on some shelves posted to the free design category.
Here’s whats been happening.
I load the app, place the file.
The GF calibrates and scans the bed, gives me the ‘print’ option then goes into the scanning material phase. It hangs there for a few monites then just quits to the UI, goes offline then starts the calibration process over.
It did this a few days ago after I had cut a bunch of acrylic, I cleaned everything but the laser head and it seems to work fine after that, I had assumed at first it was just particulate on the camera. But I have only cut one thing since them and I am in the tragic loop.
I tried cutting from my ipad and had the same issue.
I have reloaded the UI, purged cookies and all browsing data, logged back in, Let the GF rest for several hours (while off) and I am still having this issue.
I have also tried othet file that have cut fine in the past.
I am at a bit of a loss.

It may also be worth noting that i turned the GF off mid cut this morning. I am still dialing in settings for cardboard. The piece i was cutting started to smolder and I wanted to make sure I didn’t end up with a fire. Not sure if cold stopping the GF would have caused this issue.

That should pose no issues.

Actually seems a hard reset of the router may have cleared this up for now.

Remember you can always just lift the lid slightly to stop the print rather than cutting the power completely. Just another option when you see a potential fire happening.

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about this.

It sounds like you may have been experiencing Wi-Fi issues. I see you have been printing successfully since, so I expect resetting your router solved the issue.

I’m going to close this topic. Please post a new one if you have any other questions.