Fairy Phone Docks

I redesigned and improved on a series of fairies I drew in my teenage years and they turned out beautiful customized as phone docks! We used cherry and cypress hardwood that we got cut locally from a saw mill. This first set is available in my shop but I’ll also be bringing them to a craft show this weekend :slight_smile: Wish me luck! I’m making some ornaments for them too.

39 Likes

Lovely! I bet teenage you coudn’t imagine grown-up you using her doodles to sell stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

I especially like how the flowers/petals show up around the phone when it’s on there.

5 Likes

It’s true! I wanted to be an artist since age 12 and started my sketchbooks around 14. I think I did the originals for these at age 16? I did a lot of ink drawings back then and I love the excuse to do more like it again.

Here’s the originals next to their newer designs! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Beautiful and practical! I think you will do well this weekend. Good for you, for staying with your art.

4 Likes

What a lovely way to bring your art to life.

4 Likes

These are beautiful. Great way to incorporate the obvious talent you have!!

3 Likes

You’re so talented!

2 Likes

Beautiful artwork, beautiful wood, and excellent execution. Love these!

5 Likes

I love the way you are exploring ways to include earlier in life artwork of your own. CONGRATS

2 Likes

These are absolutely lovely - man I wish I could draw like that!

2 Likes

Very pretty!

Gotta admit, though, from the title I figured this would be phone docks on the scale of the fairy doors folks keep posting. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

this morning, before enough coffee, I read the title as, “Fairy Phone Ducks”. This is going to be a fun day.

2 Likes

Ooo, nice! Best of luck on your show.

2 Likes

Very cute!

2 Likes

Think these will be well-received at the show! Many of us wish we could draw. I can sometimes get what I want when drawing, but seldom try.

1 Like

Great design and I also really like how you photographed them :leaves: :rosette: :sunflower: