#FakeTrumpkin

Uhhh… Yes…

Yours!

7 Likes

Easy peasy – go to Glowforge Owners Forum /preferences/notifications and add the person to the “Users” section. Or, click you icon at top right, go to preferences, go to notifications, add muted user…

6 Likes

THANK YOU! Man…that REALLY is a HUGE lifesaver.

Unfortunately, you still see the person’s posts in the forum. Drat.

Well said…

2 Likes

Yeah that is unfortunate. I’m beginning to see the need for something like you’re taking about as you continue trying to argue your point.

5 Likes

Maybe if Henry made a FakeTrudeaukin for all of the Canadians that’d solve the “political” issue?
Or, make a FakeSchwarzeneggerkin since Arnold took over The Apprentice from The Donald?

1 Like

Well, @henryhbk…look what you’ve gone and done! This is another fine mess you’ve gotten us into. :rofl: kiidddddiingg! :wink:

9 Likes

LOL! I just want to know where he found the print file :grinning:

1 Like

1238404fa7388d72c88a4d90cd1408459c407901e745caba72be58e0a9ed8945

8 Likes

So where are the chili recipes?

4 Likes

Made some tonight. That’s why I brought it up. SO good. Can’t wait until it sits overnight. Going to be amazing tomorrow!
A couple of not-so-common ingredients I use…
Corn. Adding corn is pretty key for me.
Liquid Smoke.

I just found out a lot of people don’t know about Liquid Smoke. It’s awesome. USE A VERY SMALL AMOUNT! It’s potent! There are some varieties out there. They’re all pretty similar. I use it on almost all meats when I cook them.
Let’s see… anything else out of the ordinary?
Oh… Brown sugar. Again, not much. Just a little when cooking up the meat. It adds a sweetness that… well, I just can’t explain it to you. An old Italian chef told me about it decades ago and I’ve been doing it ever since.
If you find your chili is too spicy, a common trick is to add grape jelly. Yes, you read that right. You’d think it’d ruin the whole thing. It doesn’t! It just does what you hope and cools it down a little. You can add a surprising amount of grape jelly to your chili without significantly affected the flavor.

No other tricks I can think of. :slight_smile:
As a self-proclaimed Food Nerd, I bet @jrnelson has some tricks up his sleeve. Me, I don’t do the food science thing… I just do the “Hey this tastes good.” thing. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Working on this with my 3D printer…one of many will be done MONDAY .

9 Likes

Bobby’s out for blood. But I hear The Donald doesn’t give two Pence. Get it? See what I did there?
Oh, that’s hilarious in Drusselstein. Just doesn’t translate.

3 Likes

lol! you almost pulled it off

1 Like

I made some chili today too! I just got an instant pot, so I had to try out pressure coming chili. I made it in a little over an hour, instead of simmering all day.

I’ve not tried liquids smoke yet, but I used some smoked paprika and Chipotle’s to give it some smokeyness.

I added brown sugar, too! Also added some chocolate. Usually I throw some dark chocolate morsels in, but I used cocoa powder instead, which worked great.
The other out of the ordinary ingredient I used was beer. We had a double Bock around that someone brought over, so we used that.

I haven’t heard about the grape jelly trick. I made this batch slightly too spicy. I added a spoon full of yogurt, which worked.

4 Likes

Its gratifying to see who does and doesn’t take themselves so seriously, it actually gives me hope for our country. Plus the idiotcracy of one user and brilliance of another has taught me the “mute” function!
Man you people are Something Else!

4 Likes

Wow I also learned from this thread how you can read all the posts someone has made to the forum - and how quickly you want to mute them when you see the posts they have made. Bless you @henryhbk :wink:

3 Likes

I think this thread’s not doing any more good & has attracted a few flags, so I’m going to close it for further replies.

7 Likes