Fall Leaf Halloween Puzzle *Update*

Your work with inks on acrylic is just beautiful!

3 Likes

I love how you split the jack-o-lantern up. I bet those 2 pieces alone stump folks as they try to keep them together!

4 Likes

You are such a gem!

3 Likes

Ooh. Now I have to decide whether to turn on the burninator or not tonight!

Thank you very much!

3 Likes

pretty cool, what do you do to get the leaf color?

1 Like

They talk about it on this other post - alcohol inks and patience :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you! This is delightful and timely!

1 Like

Thank you for this. Color is perfect.

1 Like

Thank you! Now I just need some better suckage (aka fan in venting) to keep my house from smelling like a nail salon when I cut puzzles ;p

2 Likes

Very cool! Thanks so much for the share!

1 Like

Thanks for linking my original color post @deirdrebeth!

@Anselm-M , Although I made this out of acrylic, pre-painting a sheet of ply to cut works really well too. I have another style of puzzle, which is primed wood and watercolors. For that I prime plywood, score in the design, watercolor and seal, mask, and then cut out the pieces. That is how I made this puzzle: Custom Memento Puzzle - Kitt Peak, AZ

2 Likes

Happy Halloween to you too! Thanks for the share. :ghost:

1 Like

Very nicely done. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This is very kind of you—thanks for sharing this cool design!

1 Like

Thank you! I am new to GF so I am eagerly soaking up all the knowledge here

2 Likes

So may pieces so tiny that folk would be likely to lose them. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

As with all puzzles, care needs to be taken not to lose pieces. One thing to note is that some pieces that appear as if they may be small are actually voids, aka holes in the leaf :maple_leaf:, and not puzzle pieces at all.

They add a bit of trickery to this small puzzle :sunglasses:

I cut this at 6"x 6", and the smallest piece is a bit over 1/2". For bigger pieces, cut it at a bigger size ;p

3 Likes

Thank y’all for the lovely compliments!

You really know how to make a girl blush :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve had a bit of feedback specifically about that tricky pumpkin, @Pearl :jack_o_lantern:, which was basically, “What kind of depraved soul would do that?!?” :smiling_imp: :rofl: Same with the drop outs :ghost:

For a puzzle that is only 6", it takes about 45 minutes to complete! I use all the tricks that I know so far to make them last a little longer :heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

Bumping this back up for new comers to see! Halloween is coming up, what better way to socially distance than a game night and DIY puzzle?

5 Likes

Awesome!

2 Likes