Fan stopped working during maintenance mode

In response to Request (114848) via email

I emailed support 1 week ago tonight with this issue, and I have gotten exactly 1 response back since then (3 days later)…they asked to record a video of what is happening, which I promptly did and sent back with no response. We are very disappointed in the lack of response so far. Below is my issue…can anyone @glowforge give us the next steps? I think my fan my have quit and needs to be replaced. Below is my original email with the response from glowforge.

March 6th - 7:36PM EST:
"I was cleaning my fan in the steps outlined here: https://app.glowforge.com/maintenance/fan

and the fan suddenly stopped working. I had ran the above process through probably 4-5 times (the fan kept making a noise at startup and I could see buildup on the fans). Now when I go to start the fan the exhaust fan never starts up but I can here something on the front right of the machine start up when I click on the “Start Fan” button.

I have restarted the machine with no luck. Any suggestions?"

March 9th - 3:22 PST
“I sincerely apologize for the delayed response. We’ve been looking into this with our engineers, and they’ve requested one more thing. Could you please try capturing a video that shows the behavior you see and hear when going through the fan cleaning process, specifically the exhaust fan not starting up? When you do, please let us know the time the video was taken so we can extract the logs from that particular session. If you have trouble attaching a video file due to its size, feel free to use Google Drive to host the file, and send the shared link to us.”

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like