Fancy Gift Card Holder

When you can hide the effect, the surprise is that much more enjoyable. My wife wanted a box for a gift card. I said I think I can do better.

!
20200107_211505
20200107_190328 (1)
There is a wooden spring mechanism inside that snaps the card in and holds it from falling out. To get the card out, you slide the flower forward and force the card back through the springs.

74 Likes

Whoa! Mindblown! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

That’s the spirit! Make ‘em work for their gift card.

Really amazing box!

5 Likes

Clever way to disguise the fingers, excellent. Got an in progress shot of the springs?

3 Likes

This is fun!

2 Likes

That’s a very cool mechanism!

2 Likes

Thats pretty neat. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I think I will post the design under the free designs when I get home and provide a link.

7 Likes

Fancy, cute, and clever! I like it! I am sure it will be a hit with folks who receive such a cool gift (on top of a gift).

1 Like

That is awesome! I love designing trickery! :wink:

1 Like

You can find the design here:

Hope you enjoy it!

10 Likes

Well I know how I’m “wrapping” giftcards from now on! Brilliant ‘retention’ clamps. Simply brilliant.

1 Like

Love the design and creativity!

1 Like

Thank you all for the compliments. Somebody mentioned I should put leaves on the slot, so it looks like a flower stem and the flower is growing. Some other ideas are a rocket ship taking off, a boat sailing airplane, or some other vehicle. I suppose an arrow, baseball, football, golf ball, or some other ball could work too.

3 Likes

This is super cool!!

what kind of spring are you talking about. will a inkpen spring work cut down orany spring.

In the original post, the designer states that a wooden spring mechanism is inside that is released when the flower is moved forward.

2 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like