Favorite Christmas or Holiday Music

They have a new one?! Amazon, here I come.

3 Likes

yea, my wife’s been playing it off her apple music account.

1 Like

Hey @jules and @kennethclapp, Pentatonix Christmas Special is scheduled for 7pm central time on NBC this Wednesday (Dec 14).

5 Likes

Naturally, tracks 5 & 12. All in the family.

11 Likes

Whoop! Thanks! Gonna see that! :grinning:

1 Like

Well, of course!

2 Likes

Your brother’s got a great voice. (And a lot of stage presence. Chuckle!) :relaxed:

3 Likes

Here’s another Acapella group with Christmas music out for download. Home Free has a bit of a Country tilt, but their Christmas songs are pretty straight forward. To see their best (non holiday) song,search out their version of Ring of Fire.

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

4 Likes

That’s lovely! (I’m going to go look for Ring of Fire.)

Ooooh! i like that! (better than the Cash version)

It’s rather tough being the only non-singer in a family full of natural musicians. (Well, dad can’t sing either, I took after him.)

Better be careful, inflammatory comments like that will get you flagged. :wink:

5 Likes

Oops! :innocent:

1 Like

I’ve always been fond of U2’s rendition of Baby Please Come Home.

3 Likes

Never heard that…but i like it a lot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My house was always famous for having Mannheim Steamroller Christmas going on.

As an aside, Both those a cappella groups won the same show(different seasons) called The Singoff. Great performances by lots of groups. I have a channel based on it on my Pandora Radio. Ring of Fire(the music video) has Avi from Pentatonix joining Home Free right? (good lord that boy has a stupid low range-check out randomly filmed bits where he does portions of Misty Mountain from the Hobbit on stage).
This one’s my favorite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq56REWN7m8

4 Likes

Good choice in Mannheim Steamroller. I did know about The Singoff show and did watch it for the performances.

I do love it when an acapella singer does drop into the window rattling low range.

2 Likes

Disclaimer: My list is for people like me who love the season, have a sense of humor, and who are just a little sick of the traditional songs playing on repeat for a month straight from mid-november through the end of the year.

The christmas jug band

Weird Al

Bob & Doug McKenzie

Every Southpark christmas/hanukkah/holiday song.
(no link, because they are all wonderfully offensive. search youtube)

Dennis Leary “merry ***king Christmas” nsfw. youtube.

Adan Sandler

Straight No Chaser (acapella)

Billy Joel, Paul Simon, and Steve Martin

Dropkick Murphys

Monty Python

Snoopy.

No music list is complete without some Wham!

And I have to pop this choreographed light display up, set to Carol of the Bells(Sarajevo) by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, cause it’s pretty darn well done.

11 Likes

I grew up in Southern California and there is a local radio station called KROQ. Every year for many years they put out an album of Christmas music. It is a mix of traditional songs, traditional songs covered by popular bands from that year, and skits by the radio personalities and guests. I have most of these CDs and they make up the vast majority of my Christmas playlist. Many are quite inappropriate. Glad to know there are other like-minded individuals here! :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Almost any of Bob Rivers’ Twisted Christmas songs, but especially

4 Likes

I like a lot of non traditional and fun music too. Nice to have a fun playlist now available when “I Need a little Christmas, right this very minute” :stuck_out_tongue: (Probably not one of your favorite songs). We’re getting a good diverse mix here. Thanks for posting.

2 Likes

Sirius XM swapped one of my channels to “Holly” on Halloween! I caught it as I was driving back from the airport and didn’t realize until the morning that it was freaking early for Christmas songs. The first ones a great, the 7,091st starts to wear.

I told my son (musician) that he should write & record some for alternate religions (Christianity is pretty much covered it seems) as he’d be guaranteed airplay every year - no one wants to be accuses of not being inclusive and they’re desperate for something new vs the decades old Chipmunks or covers of the same song different group.

5 Likes