Fed up with trying

I’ve been on here a number of times trying to see if anything I can do to get this laser to connect to wifi. I get to device found. Huzzah comes on and states pc connected to GF. I click the network and put in the pass word. Failed to connect. I sick of trying and thought it would be fun to make items but as is I wish I had got a laser with a usb. My feelings is $6000 wasted dollars

how close is your wifi hotspot/router to your glowforge?

the GF can get quite finicky. for example my router is about 4 feet away from Beamer, in a straight line.

I fortunately have not had a connection problem

I do know that others have though so I know it is quite frustrating.

you can also try to use your phone to do the initial connection.

try these messages for a solution

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=wifi%20connection%20problems

1 Like

Can you take some screen shots so we can see where and what is going on?

1 Like

i had the similar problem, once the glowforge is connected to your pc switch your pc wifi from glowforge to your own wifi manually. I think this should work if im reading your situation correctly. Best of luck!

I think there is a certain quota of suffering that must occur in the beginning. then once you get that perfect whatever it is you make. you just get so fired up and then don’t sleep for a few weeks straight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Deep breaths man, we are here to help. Fortunate that you came here, this forum is the best accessory for your glowforge.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry you are having trouble setting up your Glowforge.

I extracted some logs from your Glowfogre and It looks like you have been able to connect to our servers.

Are you still having issues, please let us know?

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.