Feel free to stamp along

I was trying to think of activities for an upcoming party that will have some younger kids looking for something to keep them busy. I decided to leverage the results I saw in my cork coasters where they had some deep engraving. I made some inverted designs of popular characters (black background with white lines) and etched them into some of the scrap cork sheet I had.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well the thin lines turned out. I drove out to the store and picked up an ink pad to try it out. It worked fairly well so I made a few more. I glued them to some wood scraps to make them easier to handle.

At that point I decided it was appropriate to employ child labor and set my daughter to work doing a test sheet.

she made a nice sign for the party to show the other kids how to use them :slight_smile:

76 Likes

Very cool! You’ll get more consistent depth with rubber designed for laser engraving, but I actually like the rough look.

20 Likes

spectacular!

9 Likes

Who knew you could make stamps from cork? Very cool idea! And your stamp designs are adorable.

If you want to avoid inking the background, try using a brayer to apply the ink.

6 Likes

Very cool. I love that you used outlines so, once stamped, kids can color them as they like! This is what it’s all about for me… coming up with an idea, then watching it become a reality. Nice job!

6 Likes

This is wonderful!!

5 Likes

Now that’s a really clever use for the leftover bits! (I’ll bet the kids loved them too.) :smiley:

5 Likes

Great idea! The stamping is fantastic! You come up with the best stuff!!

2 Likes

Really nice job and much more economical than the rubber (maybe not as durable, but for the occasion was fantastic!) :birthday:

5 Likes

:tada::birthday::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Totoro Galore!

2 Likes

Oh yes. I’ll be doing those for sure with my daughters!

2 Likes