Festive Mantle instead of a Christmas Tree

After moving the TV that was mounted above the fireplace, we were left with a 2x4 thoroughly screwed onto the wall, and a future job of fixing the hole it would create when it was removed. Well, it isn’t the future for that yet, so Glowforge to the rescue for some disguising!

I thought hooks would be nice, and made them candy canes, just because :heart_eyes_cat: This bar ended up being about 45" or so, which meant I needed multiple pieces on my Basic. And I’m not saying that everything needs to be puzzles, but…everything might as well be :jigsaw::heart_eyes_cat::joy_cat:

Last is our little Mantle of Festiveness! Including the laser cut garland and laser cut tree skirt :heart_eyes_cat:

37 Likes

I like that! It makes a lot of sense over the assembly of the honking huge tree for just me and the kid, and looks very festive! :smile: :+1:

5 Likes

Great practical cut!

3 Likes

Great idea! If you can’t hide it - accentuate it. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

That is truly ingenious! Are the hooks removable? You could use it for other holidays too if they are.

2 Likes

Yeah, that would have been a good idea… but they are throughly pounded in, even have little teeth to make them tight :joy_cat:

But I happen to love candy canes, so it works out!

1 Like

Cute cover-up!

2 Likes