File error when uploading

I haven’t used my machine for several months. Today when I tried downloading images, I get an error message. I have also tried downloading files that I have already successfully used on my GF.

I have done all the suggestions on the GF help page. Not sure what to do?

Thank you in advance.

Jamie

1 Like

Have you tried using a different browser to open the app? Have you tried dragging and dropping a file onto the interface rather than uploading/downloading?

2 Likes

Thank you for responding. I have tried both Chrome and Safari. I have not tried dragging and dropping… how do I do that?

1 Like

I just did try it. Same error message.

1 Like

Can you open the Gift of Good Measure successfully?

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue, and no I can’t open the Gift of Good Measure or any other design :-/
I also haven’t used my Glowforge for quite a while.

1 Like

I am using Adobe Illustrator and I ended up just doing a copy and past directly from illustrator into my glowforge canvas and it worked! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sadly that means you both (@alle & @bnpllc) going to need to reach out to support. Their number is listed at support.glowforge.com (as is email). Let them know that GoGM won’t load despite trying in two different browsers.

The browser thing is because sometimes an error happens in your PC and the browsers don’t actually go get a new copy, they keep presenting the broken one. Going to a new browser requires them to go get a new copy. If that doesn’t work it means the freeze is somewhere higher up the line, and Support should be able to get you sorted.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.