File in UI differs when accessed by different computers

I forgot to change text to outlines before uploading a file. Realized it after printing. Wanted to just add the text artwork to the file. I went back to my desk, exported, uploaded the needed text to the file. Went to garage, opened file…no text. Go back to desk…text is present.???

We have raspberry pi in the garage where the GF. Since it’s closer to the GF it’s a lot less back and forth. The pi runs Chromium.

I do artwork and uploading to my account from my Mac on my desk at the other end of the house. Using Safari on my mac.

Seemed an odd thing and I haven’t run into the issue before.

Was the file closed on the Pi (back in Design Library) between these changes?

Working with an open file in more than one browser is “indeterminate”…

2 Likes

Can’t remember, quite likely it was ??

Just a thought. The UI isn’t really designed to accommodate multiple instances at a time. That’s why multiple accounts on a shared machine can’t access each others designs.

My machine is on the other side of the house from my computer. I hit print, then walk back there to start the operation. It’s why I’ve never seen the infamous “red dot”…

1 Like

I ran one time and was able to catch it, was truly a magical experience

2 Likes

Also other side. Keep meaning to let the wife clickity click it so I could see that Sasquatch dot myself.

So file open in multiple browsers adds to the undocumented features list? Almost worth playing with, but not that bored with sitting around waiting for nothing to happen (at least not bored enough yet).

I’m sorry to hear that you ran into trouble when using the app. What @eflyguy mentioned is correct. Having multiple instances of the app open at the same time can lead to unexpected behavior when making changes to a design. Will you let us know if it still occurs after making sure to log out of the app on your laptop before logging into the app on your pi?

Seems to have been that I made the change while it was open on both computers. Thanks!

Thank you for the update. I’m glad to hear that you were able to find a cause! I’m going to close this thread.

If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.