File lost

I need help. I have a file folder with different images I’ve created along with some of the images Glowforge provides. I’ve cut many times using this file folder. This morning I went into the folder to check on a measurement of one of the images. The file showed everything in it before I clicked to open it. Once I opened it, there was only a 3 images. I had a many more in it and now they’re all gone! Please tell me I can recover them? I spent days creating all of them and now they’re gone. Why???

Welcome to the forum.
What kind of files were in the folder? What program did you use to create the files? Where exactly was the file folder saved, i.e., your computer desktop, the Glowforge dashboard, your computer documents etc.

I use Adobe illustrator to create my files and I save them all as svg on my computer. I then upload them to a folder in my Glowforge.

So the ones in the Glowforge folder are the missing ones? I am guessing you don’t have the premium subscription? Which three images remain in the file - or more importantly, which type of files are missing? Ar they the ones you created in AI?

I do have the subscription. The only images left are 3 from the subscription but I had more plus some I imported.

Have you tried going to Past Prints?

Didn’t know that was available :flushed:
I’ll try that. Thank you.

It is a great feature of premium. You can roll back time.

@craftylittlemarket I’m so sorry to hear that designs have disappeared from your Dashboard. We need a bit more information to investigate.

• Information about the browser you are using.
  • A screenshot of the error you are getting.

Please do the following:

1. Go to https://www.whatismybrowser.com/
  2. Look for the header that says “Your web browser’s unique URL”
  3. Click the button that says “Copy URL to Clipboard”
  4. Reply to this, and paste in the link provided

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

This will help us understand the circumstances around your error so we can work on it for you.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it.

If you still need help with this, we’d still love to help! Please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com if that’s the case.