File never renders after pressing open

When trying to open my file which is small. I was reprinting but when I click on open it says it is rendering but nothing ever shows up in the UI for me to print. I have already printed this file multiple times.

Try uploading it again.

If that doesn’t work support will most likely ask that you share the file with them, either by posting here, or emailing to them.

1 Like

Make sure your zoom is no more than 100%–even zoom out if you need to, and that you have the GFUI space 0,0 and not shifted over that has moved your file way off to the left/visible area…

I never had that issue until I moved to an area with no internet service and had to resort to satellite internet…which is soooo bad. Now, i have it happen at least daily. Usually, i can upload again and it works. If it doesn’t, it’s usually because I’ve done something to the file that has greatly increased the file size…

You may not see a design (and see a “No Artwork” message) if the original design’s artwork was deleted while preparing a print. When you edit a design on your Workspace, the changes are automatically saved as you make them. That means that if you close your browser, navigate to another page, or just hit refresh, your work will pick up right where you left off.

Should you make a change by mistake, you can use undo any time until you leave or refresh the page. If you want a clean start, you can always go to your dashboard and click the upload button to upload the file again. If you got the design from the catalog, then you can start fresh by opening the design, clicking on the three-dot icon, and choosing “Reset Design” to remove all changes.

Could you please try the following steps for me?

1. Open the design in the Workspace of the Glowforge app.
  2. Click the “…” button
  3. Click “Reset Design”
  4. The artwork for this design should load into the Workspace, and the following message should appear in the bottom right corner:

Let us know how it goes.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.