Today I ran into a bug where files permanently reverted to an older state/version. I did not find other reports of this so I’ll be as detailed as I can.
I usually send all print jobs from a Windows desktop computer. This past week, I had to print from a Windows laptop computer on occasion. Both computers are up to date and use Chrome for opening the GFUI, with the same Google account log in.
On the most recent file that I had this problem with:
- the file was originally uploaded probably 2 years ago and had multiple pieces
- in order to keep up with changing material thicknesses, I uploaded different versions of some shapes over time, to the same file
- the last time I printed from the file was maybe a few days to a week ago, and had probably 3-5 different files uploaded into it
- today, I opened the file on the laptop and it reverted to what was probably the original upload
- then, I checked the file on the desktop (that usually sends the prints) and it was also “reverted” version
- I also checked on a friend’s laptop and it also had the “reverted” version
I remember 2-3 other files that had reverted to older versions of themselves before. 2 of them were an issue from a few months ago so I chalked it up to the UI update. 1 of them was recent but it was more of a, “was this thing in this spot before?” and I don’t remember which file it was. Is this an issue anyone else has experienced?