Files revert to older version

Today I ran into a bug where files permanently reverted to an older state/version. I did not find other reports of this so I’ll be as detailed as I can.

I usually send all print jobs from a Windows desktop computer. This past week, I had to print from a Windows laptop computer on occasion. Both computers are up to date and use Chrome for opening the GFUI, with the same Google account log in.

On the most recent file that I had this problem with:

• the file was originally uploaded probably 2 years ago and had multiple pieces
  • in order to keep up with changing material thicknesses, I uploaded different versions of some shapes over time, to the same file
  • the last time I printed from the file was maybe a few days to a week ago, and had probably 3-5 different files uploaded into it
  • today, I opened the file on the laptop and it reverted to what was probably the original upload
  • then, I checked the file on the desktop (that usually sends the prints) and it was also “reverted” version
  • I also checked on a friend’s laptop and it also had the “reverted” version

I remember 2-3 other files that had reverted to older versions of themselves before. 2 of them were an issue from a few months ago so I chalked it up to the UI update. 1 of them was recent but it was more of a, “was this thing in this spot before?” and I don’t remember which file it was. Is this an issue anyone else has experienced?

Thanks for letting us know about this. These details are very helpful so the team can look closer into what happened. If possible, could you please let me know the design ID of the most recently affected file? This will be the alphanumeric ID located in the URL when you’re working with a file in the Workspace. For example, for the following URL - app. glowforge. com/designs/1Ab22cD3/edit, the design ID is “1Ab22cD3”.

The designed ID is k14ne2Ja

Thanks!

Thank you for the additional information. I just wanted to follow up and let you know that the team is still looking into this. We’ll post here if they need additional details while investigating.

I’ve heard back from the team, and there is some additional information which would help while we keep looking into this. May we have a copy of the original design file that you uploaded for the design with the ID k14ne2Ja? Also, do you happen to remember what you added to the design over time, and can you provide us with a description of the changes you made?

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.