Files wont upload

Once again… I am not able to use my machine :confused:

Files will not upload. Please stop using me as a beta tester for your new platform. I paid to good money to use this machine and sure would like the freedom to do so.

Also, we (the community) are never told what the problem was or the solution. I’m sure most of us would appreciate an untethered option.

Peace.

That usually happens because the file is too complex. If you want to post it here, someone will be glad to take a look at it for you. The beta tools don’t have anything to do with uploading, they just offer some extra editing options within the interface, so I doubt they are causing your problem.

Have you tried uploading a different file, preferably one you’ve been able to upload previously?

We do get to see the solutions to problems when people open their support tickets by posting here, but if you email support AND post here the default is to use the email ticket as the primary support ticket and close the duplicate on the forum, so then the community doesn’t get to see the resolution. That’s not Support’s fault, that’s the fault of customers who open multiple tickets.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that you ran into trouble when trying to upload a design. In order to investigate this for you, I’d like to take a look at the file. May I have a copy of it? You can post it here on the forum or, if you’d prefer to share it privately, email it to us at support@glowforge.com. We’ll be happy to take a look and then follow up with next steps.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.