Filter Stopped Working

My compact filter just stopped. It will not cut on at all. I have only had it a few months.

That’s plenty long enough to fill it up, if you cut a lot of “dirty” materials.

It’s not the filter, I just replaced it. The fan stops working like there is a short or something.

Ah, ok. Well, since posting here opens a support ticket, you should probably be a little more specific so they can figure out what’s wrong and help you get it working again. :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble with your Compact Filter. When the Compact Filter is powered on, does the red switch in the back of the filter illuminate?

Also, does the fan sound increase if you adjust the knob on the front of your Compact Filter?

Once we can review this information, we’ll send over the next best steps.

No the switch light goes off. When this happens, the fan stops running altogether.

Terrell

Thank you for the additional information. Based on your description, the source of the trouble may be a fuse that needs to be replaced.

We’ve included a replacement fuse for you in the plug socket of your Compact Filter

Please refer to page 19 & 20 of the Compact Filter manual for the instructions to replace the fuse.

Let us know if you have any questions or are still having trouble with the filter after trying this troubleshooting step.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.